SIGNS COMPATIBLE WITH VIDEO GAME/SCREEN ADDICTION
- Falling grades
- Poor motivation – doesn’t care about things…except gaming.
- Worsening ADHD symptoms.
- Revved up, seeking constant stimulation. Frequently hyper-aroused.
- ”Wired but tired”
- Difficulty making eye contact after screen time, avoiding eye contact
- Meltdown, irritability, oppositional behavior
- When asked to stop – irritable, whining, oppositional, delaying, lying
- Narrowed interests, only talks about screen activities or games
- Loss of friends, social isolation, spending hours alone in room.
- Unmotivated, doesn’t care.
- Changing medication doses without effect, conflicting diagnoses
Scientific Literature – what does this mean?